Senior Quantity Surveyor
£75,000 plus company package
Project Management Consultancy (Rail)
We have an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager to work for a leading Project Management Consultancy who make a direct impact on the improvement of the UK’s rail infrastructure and train stations.
The business is a Birmingham based SME with around 80 members of staff, who are currently turning over circa £9m. They have recently received major investment and are due to more than double in size over the next 2 years providing their staff excellent career prospects.
They work with a wide range of local authorities and public bodies as well as private clients including main contractors and operate on a national scale. The company has a genuine passion delivering a range of projects within the wider rail sector including new stations, station redevelopments, new structures and the creation of rail strategies.
In this role you will be working across a portfolio of projects throughout the North-East providing clients with precontract commercial support, NEC contract administration, commercial advice, handling tender events, undertaking estimating works etc.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business who offer excellent training and career progression for their staff. They are keen to speak to candidates from a consultancy or main contractor background with an awareness of the rail sector (although rail specific training can be provided).
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
• Membership of relevant professional body RICS or equivalent (desirable).
• Commutable to Birmingham with a full driver’s license.
• Experience working for a Consultancy or Main Contractor within the construction industry.
• An awareness of the Rail sector and technical knowledge of Network Rail suite of contracts (desirable).
• Has thorough knowledge and experience of all aspects of the quantity surveying and commercial function.
• Has knowledge of framework environments and Early Contractor Involvement.
• Able to demonstrate excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
• Technical knowledge of NEC3/4 Design & Construct Conditions of Contract.
• Experience of commercial management of complex projects in the rail/construction environment including station projects and
civil engineering schemes.
• Successful track record of working with clients, contractors and other stakeholders.
• Up to £75,000 per annum (salary negotiable dependent on candidate experience)
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Profit share bonus
• Life assurance
• Annual professional subscriptions
• Discounted gym membership
• Hybrid working
For more information please contact Benjamin Symonds at Kenton Black’s Birmingham offices.