Senior Quantity Surveyor
Commercial Groundworks Contractor
A top commercial groundworks contractor is looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team to work in the wider midlands, to work from their offices along with travel round the Midlands. The right candidate will act as commercial lead on groundworks, roads, sewers & S278 works. Groundworks background will be essential for this position.
• Control of commercial matters on several projects including production of cashflow and forecasting
• Procurement, selection and management of subcontractor accounts from award to final account
• Completion of monthly valuations submitting applications as required by the company/Contract requirements
• Valuation of variations, preparation and submission of quotations/compensation events as required
• Monitoring of the contract programme identifying/raising early warnings/potential variations/quotations
• Liaising with the Client/Client’s representative on commercial issues
• Carrying out internal cost value management of projects producing monthly project management reports for review with senior management
• Preferably BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying)
• Computer literate – Word, Excel, MS Project, Conquest, or similar estimating packages
• Experience in NEC3/JCT/ICE forms of contract.
• Relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
• Negotiation and teamwork skills and the ability to motivate and lead those on site
• Detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, business, and legal matters.
For more information, please apply or contact Jack on firstname.lastname@example.org / 0330 055 2229