My Client is an established Regional Contractor specialising in Commercial Groundworks projects down the M1 corridor and with continued growth are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to strengthen their Commercial Division
Reporting into the Commercial Director, candidates will be responsible for the control of multiple projects valued up to £5m, managing the commercial elements of each package including bulk earthworks, deep drainage, enabling works, external paving, foundations, service installations, in-situ concrete pits, remediation works, Section 278 works, road construction and surfacing.
- Full Commercial and financial management of the life cycle of multiple projects (valued £250k - £5m).
- Measurement and valuation of various Groundworks packages.
- Preparation of monthly applications for payments for allocated projects.
- Identification and pricing of variations to Clients.
- Negotiation and agreement of variations.
- Preparation of Subcontract tender enquiry documents.
- Review of submitted tenders.
- Payment of subcontract accounts.
- Conducting Monthly meetings with Commercial Director.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying.
- Thorough working knowledge of Commercial Groundworks sector.
- Previous experience of managing multiple projects in a similar role.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- A good understanding of construction methodologies within the Groundworks sector (ideally Commercial).
- IT proficient with Microsoft Packages, including Microsoft Excel.
- Valid driving licence to enable travel to live sites across the Midlands region.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Regional Groundworks Contractor that can offer career progression into Senior Management and exposure to challenging projects.