Senior Quantity Surveyor
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join on of the UK's largest contractors working as part of their Regional Civils Team working on £55m coastal defence and infrastructure scheme. The business is a leader in civil engineering and infrastructure sector.
Our client is looking for candidates with experience in managing all commercial aspects of the scheme and reporting directly into the Regional Commercial Manager. This role involves actively seeking to minimise costs, enhance value and target cost through identification and valuing of Change.
• Measure, record & value work unsupervised in accordance with appropriate rules and procedures.
• Measure & interpret specifications & drawings.
• Build up estimates from first principle including net and gross estimates.
• Translate measurement from drawings and Specifications and prepare Bills of Quantities and Schedules of rates if required.
• Review weekly, monthly, section programmes of works.
• Plan commercial activities to meet monthly timescales.
• Have an understanding of Railway Planning and Possessions.
• Collation of Cost and Value Information.
• Preparation of Cost reconciliation statements.
• Submission and Agreement of Adjustment Events with Client.
• Collect information required to specify procurement requirements.
• Understand the steps / documentation required.
• Assist Procurement function where required.
• Collation of cost and value information.
• Management of Sub Contractors Accounts.
• BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent.
• Experience working as a Senior QS for a main contractor in a civils environment.
• Up to £68,000 basic salary DOE
• Company car / allowance
• Pension, healthcare and other benefits
To express your interest please contact Ben Symonds at Kenton Black Birmingham, or simply apply to the role!