£65,000 plus package
Our client is actively recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor who will develop to Managing Quantity Surveyor to join their team. They pride themselves on being professional and approachable and are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to share their drive and passion.
Our client is established within their market place and currently enjoy a turnover of £35 million and deliver both New Build & Refurbishment projects, ranging in value from £50,000 up to £5 million. They are a privately owned business and operate on a regional basis.
As a Quantity Surveyor you should have well-rounded general main contracting experience gained through working on a variety of project types with the ability to work independently with confidence and decisiveness. Candidates should be self-motivated, proactive with a positive can-do attitude and experience within the role as a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Key duties will include, but not limited to:
• Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI's are exceeded
• Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
• Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
• Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
• Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
• Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
• Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
• Salary: Up to £65,000
• Company Car / Allowance
• Workplace Pension
If you are interested please apply with your most up to date CV, or contact Hardev Singh in the Birmingham Office.