I’m working with a leading Principal Contractor who are looking for you to join as a Senior Temporary Works Design Engineer, working on prestigious Civil Engineering projects across the Midlands. With a strong order book during uncertain times, this is an ideal time to join them with superb prospects for development.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Attending meetings and site visits to discuss Engineering services for specific tenders and projects.
• Assisting in the production of design briefs.
• Prepare and/or check design calculations by other members of the design team or by external design organisations / consultants.
• Producing and supervising the production of drawings, schedules based on the results of design calculations.
• An awareness of current design standards and codes of practice, and published guidance documents relevant to temporary works.
• Advising based on knowledge of the management and procedures associated with temporary works as defined in BS5975: 2019.
• Developing solutions with due consideration for HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environment, Quality etc) and constructability with the end user in mind
• Ensure that designs and design checks are completed on time and within fee estimates.
• Ensuring compliance with CDM 2015 and the company Construction Business Management System
To be considered, you must have the following qualifications and experience:
• Ideally previous employment as a Temporary Works Design Engineer or Civil / Structural Engineer.
• Previous experience with Design Engineering consultancy, main contractor, subcontractor
• Previous experience on Building or infrastructure / civil engineering projects
• Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC etc) - Civil, Geotechnical or Structural Engineering.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
An exciting time for you to join in a burgeoning sector, the prospects and security of the role with the prestige of projects you can work on make it an excellent opportunity. You will earn an excellent salary of between £55-65,000 plus full package.