I’m working with an ambitious but sustainably built, family-run company who are looking to add an accomplished SHEQ Manager to their ranks. They are a specialist sub-contractor with a fantastic reputation. If you are a people person who enjoys training and developing a workforce, whilst driving continuous improvement across their Health, Safety, Environment and Quality processes and systems, this opportunity isn’t one to miss.
Working with an existing SHEQ department who value behavioural safety and the culture they have cultivated; you will provide and innovative approach combined with the ability to lead initiatives. Key roles and responsibilities include:
• Driving the Health & Safety agenda at site level, performing inspections and audits
• Creating bespoke training packages to reflect the ever-changing methodology on-site
• Creating innovative initiatives to promote Safety, Health, Environment and Quality across the business
• Carrying out incident and accident investigations as an when necessary
• Auditing the company management system and leading continuous improvement in ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001
• Writing and reviewing RAMS in conjunction wit site operatives to ensure an inclusive process
• Providing information required for management reports, newsletters and bulletins
You will be a relationship builder who liaises easily with internal and external stakeholders. You will relish a close-knit, collaborative atmosphere and want to make a positive difference. Key competencies include:
• H&S Diploma-qualified (NEBOSH/NVQ/NCRQ – ESSENTIAL)
• PTLLS or Level Award in Education & Training (Preferable)
• Experience in high risk, challenging environments such as heavy civil engineering and construction (Preferable)
• A solutions-led approach that engages the workforce
• A confident communicator and relationship-builder
This really is an excellent opportunity to join a culturally superb organisation, involved in prestigious major civil engineering projects. You will have an opportunity to make a real difference, leading the Safety, Health, Environment & Quality function and innovating to keep ahead of the curve. You will earn £45-55,000 plus full package including car allowance, EAP etc, please get in touch for more information.