£24K Basic + £5K Shift Allowance + Bonus + 25 Days Holiday + Pension
Our client is an innovative, very successful pharmaceutical business who develop and manufacture a huge range of life-changing products.
This GMP accredited organisation based near Macclesfield are now looking to add a Pilot Plant Chemist to their team. The role is a hybrid between the pilot plant and the laboratory (encompassing both working with large-scale production vessels and intricate analytical instrumentation such as HPLC), in a fantastic drug development organisation who manufacture treatments for a huge range of applications.
The role is on a shift basis, consisting of both day and night shifts, so this is something you would need to be happy doing for this role.
As a Shift Pilot Plant Chemist, you will be responsible for:
• Operating a variety of pilot-plant scale vessels
• Checking vessels are clean and ensuring no leaks are present
• Determining various reaction parameters (temperature, pressure, reagents etc)
• Setting up a range of reactions in the vessels
• Following detailed GMP batch instructions
• Carrying out IPCs (In Process Control checks)
• Taking samples to analyse in the lab on HPLC, GC & Karl Fischer
• Troubleshooting reactions – e.g., if the temperature goes too high
• Monitoring progress and success of ongoing reactions.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, ideally with proven experience carrying out pilot plant/manufacturing processes in a GMP environment (but this is not essential).
Experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturer would be highly desirable, as would experience with various analytical instrumentation including HPLC, GC and Karl Fischer.
You must be able to take responsibility for your own projects and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively communicate with colleagues at all levels.
Keywords: Pilot Plant, Pilot Plant Chemist, Pilot Chemist, Scale Up, API Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, GMP, Good Manufacturing Practice, HPLC, GC, KF, High Pressure Liquid Chromatography, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Gas Chromatography, Karl Fischer, Shifts.