Tier 1 Civil Engineering Contractor
£60,000 plus company package
We are currently recruiting a Site Agent for a market leading Tier 1 main contractor in Cambridgeshire to work on a major highways scheme.
You will be the Agent for the construction of Highways systems across the project. These works will involve establishing compounds, implementing temporary works solutions, drainage systems (including Attenuation Tanks, Pumping Stations, SWC, deep drainage and standard gullies/MH/CP), earthworks, road box construction, pavement, kerbs, Vehicle Restraint Systems, white lining, accommodation works and fencing.
You will be supported by the Construction Manager and will be expected to take ownership of the Highways Team’s operational works with a focus on the drainage, leading the long term and strategic planning of the works and ensuring that they are constructed in accordance with the design and contract scopes. You'll be accountable for the swift and complete handover of your assets.
You will also be the package owner for Drainage.
The project is valued in excess of £200 million and features improvements to the M42 motorway. The scheme, delivered on behalf of National Highways, provides a comprehensive upgrade of the junction near Birmingham Airport, allowing better movement of traffic on and off the A45.
• Construction of a new 2.4km dual carriageway connecting the M42 and A45 near Birmingham Airport
• Six new bridges, several retaining walls and a pedestrian underpass
• Demolishing one existing bridge over M42 and several gantries
• Constructing new gantries over the M42 and A45
• Modifications to existing road networks
• Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
• Effective written and verbal communication skills to diverse audiences.
• Knowledge and understanding of engineering principles and common construction methodologies.
• Knowledge and understanding of temporary works processes, design and management.
• Knowledge and understanding of construction contracts (through experience and formal training). Ideally ECC NEC4.
• Working towards or in possession of Professional Industry Qualification (IEng, CEng etc.).
• Competence with digital tools (MS Office 365, document control systems, site digital tools).
• Formal training in Health & Safety and Environmental management (SMSTS)
• Relevant CSCS Card
• Experience in delivering major highways schemes.
• Experience in drainage, VRS, white lining, and pavement.
• A basic understanding of traffic management.
• £60,000 basic salary
• Company car or car allowance
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Above market rate pension scheme
• Retail discounts, cashbacks, rewards…
To find out more please contact Chris Wright at Kenton Black’s Birmingham offices.