Tier 1 Civil Engineering Contractor
We are currently recruiting a Site Engineer for a market leading Tier 1 main contractor in Cambridgeshire to work on a major highways scheme.
You will be a Site Engineer for the construction of highways, drainage and structural systems across the project. These works will involve establishing compounds, implementing temporary works solutions, earthworks, road box construction, pavement, kerbs, Vehicle Restraint Systems, white lining, bored piling, sheet piling, reinforced concrete works, structural steelwork, lifting operations, attenuation tanks, pumping stations, fencing, and various drainage types.
You will be supported by the Section Engineer (among others). You are expected to take ownership of the site works on the section you are appointed to, contributing to planning the works and ensuring that the works are constructed in accordance with the design and contract scopes.
The project is valued in excess of £200 million and features improvements to the M42 motorway. The scheme, delivered on behalf of National Highways, provides a comprehensive upgrade of the junction near Birmingham Airport, allowing better movement of traffic on and off the A45.
• Construction of a new 2.4km dual carriageway connecting the M42 and A45 near Birmingham Airport
• Six new bridges, several retaining walls and a pedestrian underpass
• Demolishing one existing bridge over M42 and several gantries
• Constructing new gantries over the M42 and A45
• Modifications to existing road networks
• Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
• Effective written and verbal communication skills to diverse audiences.
• Knowledge and understanding of engineering principles.
• Working towards or in possession of Professional Industry Qualification (IEng, CEng etc.).
• Competence with digital tools.
• Formal training in Health & Safety and Environmental management (SMSTS)
• Relevant CSCS Card
• Setting and experience using engineering surveying tools.
• Experience working for a main contractor on similar projects.
• £35K basic salary
• Company car or £4,350 car allowance
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Above market rate pension scheme
• Retail discounts, cashbacks, rewards…
To find out more please contact Chris Wright at Kenton Black’s Birmingham offices.