£35k plus car allowance and benefits package
Tier 1 Civil Engineering Contractor – Highways
We are currently recruiting a Site Engineer for a market leading Tier 1 main contractor in Solihull, Birmingham to work on a major highways scheme (valued over £200m).
You will be a Site Engineer for the construction of highways, drainage and structural systems across the project. These works will involve establishing compounds, implementing temporary works solutions, earthworks, road box construction, pavement, kerbs, Vehicle Restraint Systems, white lining, bored piling, sheet piling, reinforced concrete works, structural steelwork, lifting operations, attenuation tanks, pumping stations, fencing, and various drainage types.
You will be supported by the Section Engineer (among others). You are expected to take ownership of the site works on the section you are appointed to, contributing to planning the works and ensuring that the works are constructed in accordance with the design and contract scopes.
• Construction of a new 2.4km dual carriageway
• Six new bridges, several retaining walls and a pedestrian underpass
• Demolishing existing bridge and several gantries
• Construction of new gantries
• Modifications to existing road networks
• Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
• Competence with digital tools
• Formal training in Health & Safety and Environmental management (SMSTS)
• Relevant CSCS Card
• Setting out and experience using engineering surveying tools
• Experience working for a main contractor on drainage or highways schemes
• £35K basic salary
• Company car or £4,350 car allowance
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Above market rate pension scheme
• Retail discounts, cashbacks, rewards…
To find out more please contact Chris Wright at Kenton Black’s Birmingham offices.