Groundworks Site Engineer
Up to £350 per day
My Client is an established Groundworks Contractor specialising in the Commercial sector. With continuous growth they are actively recruiting for a Site Engineer to strengthen their Operations Division on projects across the Midlands.
Reporting into the Project Manager candidates will be responsible for setting out groundworks packages (including; drainage, earthworks, RC frames, roads and surfacing works) on projects valued up to £5m.
- Setting out various groundworks and infrastructure packages.
- Health & Safety on-site.
- Conducting daily briefings and site inductions.
- Recording associated paperwork and QA.
- Supervising Direct and Sub-contract labour on-site.
- Completing site surveys.
- Checking technical designs and drawings to agreed programme.
- Preparing site reports and providing progress updates to Project Management.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience setting-out groundworks and infrastructure packages.
- Valid CSCS, First Aid and SSSTS/SMSTS accreditation.
- Fully conversant with Robotic Total Stations and AutoCAD.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction methods, Health & Safety and legal regulations.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Valid UK driving licence to allow travel to projects nationwide.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established Groundworks Contractor that can offer career development and exposure to challenging projects.