We currently have an exciting Site Engineer opportunity with a specialist Civil Engineering contractor based from Birmingham and working on sites throughout the East and West Midlands.
The business has over 50 years history and are a leading specialist within their field and have regional offices providing a national coverage. They are growing and have numerous highways projects located in the region with a strong pipeline of work in place. As a result, they are looking to recruit Site Engineers to the business with at least 2 years industry site experience who they can grow and develop.
• Recording all events on site in a daily diary.
• Being able to take measurements accurately and to interpret and provide technical data, record “as built” information and read drawings.
• Experience of overseeing subcontractors, managing quality control and QA would be an advantage.
• Other duties will include measurement of site works, implementation of company procedures, client liaison, representation at site meetings, Specification compliance, ordering of materials and plant, marking out repair areas and reporting on site progress.
• BSc in Civil Engineering or HNC / HND
• 2 to 4 years relevant site experience working for a contractor
• CSCS card holder
• CAD software are essential
• Ability to communicate clearly in good English - both written and spoken.
Pay / Benefits:
• Basic salary in the region of £25,000 - £30,000 (based on experience)
• Support towards gaining Chartered Engineer status including mentorship
• Entry onto varied courses to improve personal qualifications (SMSTS, First Aider, ICorr, SEATS, etc.)
• Company vehicle and fuel card
• Pension plan
• Bonus scheme
Please note this is a roaming role and the successful candidate is expected to travel as required with some future potential to extend into South Yorkshire. The business are not looking to hire setting out engineers or designers as neither of these activities form part of their core of works.
To express your interest please contact Ben Symonds @ Kenton Black, Birmingham!