Role: Site Manager
Project: Highways and Footpath reconstruction
Location: Brixworth, Northamptonshire
Contract: 12 month role
Rate: £330 - £380 per day (DOE)
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Site Manager role is an exciting opportunity to deliver a wide range of Local Authority civil engineering schemes for West Northamptonshire Council. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual with a proven track record in delivering maintenance, improvement, and major project schemes to program and within budget.
The works will include footpath reconstruction, carriageway resurfacing, surface treatments, drainage improvements, traffic signals and structures repairs. The position requires experience in working on a live public highway whilst promoting human focused approach to safety and ensuring compliance with all relevant Kier processes and procedures.
• Ensure the Health and Safety of yourself, the workforce and the public in accordance with Kier SHE processes and procedures.
• Manage construction sites to programme and budget.
• Site communication - Engaging with WNC, the public, elected councillors and parish councils
• Ensure your sites are compliant with Chapter 8 and the Construction (Design and Management) regulations.
• Interpret documents, scheme drawings and B.O.Q’s in line with NEC4 contract requirements
• Inspect Quality of work in accordance the Inspection Test Plan, scheme designs in line with the current specification.
• Compliance with the NEC4 change control procedures for early warnings and compensation events
• HNC (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
• CSCS Card
• NRSWA Supervisor
• 12D Traffic Management knowledge
• NEBOSH General and Construction Certificate Ideal but not essential
• Driving license
If you are interested, please apply with your most up to date CV. Or contact Conner in the Birmingham Office.