Job Advert – Synthetic Chemist
A Biotechnology company based in Yorkshire is hiring for an oligonucleotide synthetic chemist. The suitable oligonucleotide synthetic chemists main role will be the development of oligonucleotides capable of binding key targets, the improvement in their production and the analysis of the subsequent oligonucleotides with various analytical techniques. They offer a competitive salary which will match salary with the amount of experience the suitable oligonucleotide synthetic chemist has.
- Using automated synthesizers for the production of these oligonucleotides
- Maintenance and operation of HPLC, Synthesizers and various other pieces of equipment
- Produce SOPs
- Document Control
- Method development
- Support other departments such as R&D
- Experience of working and contributing in a team in a class 2 laboratory
- pHD in a life science or organic chemistry
- Proven ability in synthesizing organic molecules and addition of chemical modifications to these molecules.
- Be familiar with the production of SOPs
- Proven experience using automated synthesizers.
Background knowledge on the use of chemically modified oligonucleotides as therapeutics as well as their production and synthesis would be beneficial.
If you believe yourself to be the suitable oligonucleotide synthetic chemist or want to enquire and here more about the role please apply and I will be in touch shortly