Kenton Black are delighted to be working with a top 100 practice/ firm of Chartered Accountants, Registered Auditors and Tax Advisers with multiple offices across Yorkshire and the North West currently seeking a Tax Partner to add value to their growing practice.
- As a business, they work in partnership with their clients to ensure they identify every opportunity to make financial improvements with the aim of bringing the business to profitability.
They offer a full range services including but not limited to:
- Audit & Assurance, Financial Services, Wills & Probate, Residential Mortgages, Commercial Finance & Corporate Finance, amongst others.
- As the Tax Partner you will be joining a young high growth business where the opportunities are endless.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for planning and advisory assignments and project management
- To create a case management framework for advisory and ad-hoc assignments for the firm, so that there is oversight into progress on planning projects from a completion, income and pipeline perspective.
- Adding value to the current tax compliance procedures.
- To ensure the best working practice, working cases personally too, ensuring you keep a sharpness necessary for understanding the strategic direction within the industry which is integral to command the respect of the team members.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Demonstrate an ability to engage, inspire and develop long term relationships with continuous improvement whilst running a successful tax team
- Strong working knowledge of negotiations and motivating people which is essential for the development of key people within the team.
- Work on benchmarking and aligning performance metrics and pay.
- Reorganising Tax Offering to align the best people with the types of work offered
- Experience in the firm’s acquisitions of other accountancy firms, giving commercial input, tax specific input.
- Assisting in the integration of new people and clients into the firm and ensuring that their offerings meet those people.
- Advocate for creating a target operating model to meet the firm’s goals.
- Be actively involved in direct business development initiatives through various connections
- Taking a keen interest in current and future marketing activity. As a key member, you will have an active involvement in the firm’s branding and online presence and how that interacts with other business development activity.
- Representing the firm when organising events around the Budget or taking other public speaking opportunities.
- Key influencer in the partner group on all ad-hoc strategic decisions and instigating a simplified business planning process.
- Involvement in additional governance processes to ensure partners work on the business and not just in the business.
KEY CRITERIA REQUIRED
- Full and current accountancy practice background
- Strong People Skills at levels inside and outside the firm
- Natural Leader with a passion for Business Development
- Excellent Technical Background in all remits of tax across Tax Planning and Advisory and
- Strong Managerial Experience of managing teams across multiple locations
- Car Driver with full clean UK license
- Professional Qualifications – ACA/ CTA qualified preferred
- Extensive working knowledge of personal and corporate tax compliance
- Strong knowledge and experience of undertaking planning assignments for OMBs including reorganisations, Succession planning, Tax M&A activity, Sales to EOTs, R&D Claims, Land Remediation Relief Claims, Patent Box Claims and a vast array of other adhoc tax assignments.
- Good working knowledge of VAT
NEW YEAR/ NEW START – To find out more
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration and APPLY TODAY
This vacancy is being handled by Laura Banks – Kenton Black Finance, Public Practice Division
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level accounting trainees to Director and Partner level. Operating from local offices in, Manchester, Preston, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.