Technical Sales Representative (AH069)
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
£23K - £28K Basic (Dependent upon experience) + Company Car + Private Healthcare + Life Insurance + Salary Sacrifice Scheme + 25 Days Holiday
Our client is a well-established cosmetic raw material distributor based in Aylesbury, who are currently looking to add a Technical Sales Representative to their team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a scientific academic background who is keen to take their first steps in a commercial role.
Partnering with some of the biggest names in the cosmetic industry, this business have a market-leading reputation and will not only enable but actively encourage you to utilise your interpersonal skills as a Technical Sales Representative. Due to the sheer volume of raw materials that they distribute, you will experience a huge amount of variety with projects and would be joining a company who genuinely really value their employees.
As a Technical Sales Representative, you will be responsible for:
• Targeting companies in the personal care industry across skincare, haircare and cosmetics
• Building and maintaining solid relationships with individuals in these companies
• Displaying excellent technical knowledge to competently explain the features and benefits of each raw material
• Managing a range of existing customer accounts
• Processing orders – regular liaison with customers to provide updates on order regarding delivery date, making any required amendments etc
• Working with customers on their formulation and development timelines
• Regular travel to visit UK based customer sites
• Liaising with multiple departments in the company including R&D and Marketing.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or a related discipline and have some business to business (B2B) customer service or sales experience.
Knowledge of the principles and importance of ingredients in personal care products would be highly desirable but is not essential.
You must be an excellent communicator with the ability to manage your own time and be confident building relationships with people at all levels.
Keywords: Chemicals, Chemistry Account Manager, Speciality Chemicals, Chemical Distributor, Technical Account Representative, Technical Account Management, Account Management, Chemical Supplier, Performance Chemicals, Key Account Management, Chemistry Graduate, Personal Care, Cosmetics, Cosmetic Science, Haircare, Skincare, Hair Care, Skin Care, Suncare, Sun Care, SPF, Cosmetic Raw Materials, Cosmetic Ingredients.