Are you a Scientific graduate looking for a commercial role? Or perhaps a Scientist who is looking to make that move out of the lab? Then I may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Technical Support Representative
12 month FTC - maternity cover
Territory will cover Midlands (east, west and south) to Oxford area or M4 strip up to Reading. Furthest location is probably Ilfracombe and Plymouth to the Southwest and South-West Wales
Up to £30,800 + £850 monthly car allowance + bonus and other benefits
Mon – Fri, 37.5 hours per week. Core office hours are 08.45 – 17.00
My client, a global diagnostics company, have a rare opportunity for a Technical Support Representative to join their team.
Responsibilities of the Technical Support Representative will be:
• Visit customer premises to provide technical support
• Deal directly with technical customer telephone and email enquiries
• Install, Validate and Calibrate customer instrumentation on site
• Understand and demonstrate various software products
• Promotion and sales, where appropriate of products and services
• Provide assistance with technical information for customers
• Regular National and International travel required
• Create, maintain and improve procedures within the Company’s ISO 9001 Quality Management System for the Technical Department
• Requirement to work to GMP
• Contribute to departments PDP
• Organise the calibration and maintenance of sales equipment within the UK Office.
The purpose of the role is the promotion of sales, including my client’s products and services to new and existing customers. You will be responsible for seeking out new business and maintaining existing business. There will also be a requirement to provide technical support to customers in UK and Ireland.
The ideal candidate for Technical Support Representative will have:
• A BSc or equivalent in Biomedical, Clinical Sciences or Microbiology or any other Scientific degree
• Current driving licence
• Detailed understanding of the bacterial endotoxin assay
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical and medical device industry
If you are an experienced Scientist who is looking for a more commercial role for 12 months, then please apply now!