Company Details and Job Overview:
Based in the Carlisle area, my Client is a forward-thinking business and has been operating for over 75 years. As a Trainee Assistant Management Accountant you will work in a busy finance department and you will be fully trained to assist in the production of monthly management accounts. The jobs is full-time (37.5 hours per week) and permanent. So if you have purchase ledger experience and would like a new challenge, then please get in touch.
Your New Role as the Trainee Assistant Management Accountant:
· Assist with the production of monthly management accounts, within the agreed timetable, with responsibility for specified cost lines in the retail profit and loss accounts for each store
· Analyse variances to budget and prior years
· Provide support and answer queries on store accounts from store managers, area managers and the Retail and Finance Directors
· Produce information for and attend Finance Review meetings to review store performance. Take minutes of the meeting and follow up action points arising
· Prepare and post regular monthly journals
· Reconcile control accounts and post any correcting journals required
· Assist with the production of budgets and forecasts for specified cost lines
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
· An aptitude for working with different software packages, including spreadsheets, database applications and specialised budget packages
· The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
· The ability to work as part of a team
· Effective time management and organisational skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Ambitious and enthusiastic
· Takes ownership
· Ability to challenge
· Focusses on detail
· Takes initiative
· Solves problems
This Trainee Assistant Management Accountant vacancy is being handled by Carl Angilly at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.