Works Manager/Site Agent/Logistics Manager
I am currently working with a client on a unique role. They are currently working on a highways scheme where they are looking for a Works Manager or Agent that has interest in logistics and planning. They require someone to come onto site and take control of the plant and materials side of the project and ensure all the work is completed on time.
My client is a major Midlands contractor and continues to grow within the civils sector. As such, they are seeking ambitious, capable staff to join their team as it expands. As a reward, my client offers excellent benefits and career progression opportunities. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for guaranteed Midlands based work with a forward-thinking contractor.
As an established Regional Civil Engineering Contractor specialising in; Public Realm, Water Infrastructure, Highways and Structures schemes across the Midlands/Wales regions. With continued success they are actively looking to recruit three Civils Site Agents to work on projects valued up to £8m.
• Water - AMP7
• Environmental schemes
• Ensure quality control requirements are met
• Promote a health & safety awareness on site
• Ensure engineering drawings/specifications are accurate and resolve any conflicts
• Ensure Method Statements and Risk Assessments completed for all aspects of works
• Liaise with colleagues to create construction programmes
• Report on site progress to the Project Manager.
• Manage commercial issues for elements of the works
• Represent the company in a positive and professional manner
• Supervise engineers and supervisors and subcontractors
• Ensure work meets specified client requirements
• Preferred engineering background HNC / HND Civil Engineering.
• SMSTS: 5 days
• First Aid : Full 3 Day Course
• Asta power project (must be able to use proficiently)
• Confined Space Training
• NRSWA – Supervisor
• Practicable Environmental Management
• Lifting Appointed persons
• Temporary Works Co-ordinator
Able to use:
• Total Stations
• Dumpy Levels
Salary & Package:
• Up to £55,000 per annum
• Car Allowance or Company Car
• Pension Contribution
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• + More
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Ben Symonds at Kenton Black Birmingham.